Rami Sagie New Scholar Award
The “Rami Sagie New Scholar Award” is in memory of Dr. Abraham (Rami) Sagie (1947-2003). A brief description is available below.
The details regarding the award are as follows:
• The award will consist of a cash prize of $750 (USD).
• The award will be administered by the ISSWOV Awards Chair and conferred at the ISSWOV conference.
The objectives of the award are:
• To promote and recognize excellence in research in the study of work and organizational values among individuals who have recently completed their master’s or doctoral training or are currently graduate students.
• To provide greater visibility to new scholars among their academic and professional peers.
Any competitive paper submitted by anyone who has obtained his or her master’s or doctoral degree within five (5) years of the conference date is eligible. For the ISSWOV 2020 Conference, a person is eligible if he/she has obtained the master’s or doctoral degree between August 1, 2015 and June 30, 2020. Current graduate students are also eligible.
• Interested individuals are required to submit a proceedings-length paper in line with the ISSWOV requirements for competitive papers. Refer to the document entitled “Guidelines for Final Manuscripts” which can be found on the ISSWOV website (www.isswov.net).
• A cover letter should indicate the exact date the dissertation was defended, the institution which awarded the master’s or doctoral degree and the names and affiliations of the thesis/dissertation committee.
• The paper should be sent to the ISSWOV Scientific Committee Chair in electronic format by the proceedings submission deadline for the ISSWOV 2018 Conference: May 15, 2020.
• Nominations to the Award Committee will be made by the Chair of the Scientific Committee based on independent review of the eligible papers.
• The decision will be made by the Awards Chair based on independent evaluation of the recommended manuscripts by an independent awards review panel appointed by the Awards Chair.
• The Scientific Committee Chair will communicate the decision to the award recipient who must register and present the winning paper at the conference.
• The award will be presented at the conference gala dinner and the recipient is expected to accept the award in person.
Prof. Abraham (Rami) Sagie (1947 – 2003)
Prof. Rami Sagie, was a prolific scholar and researcher. He authored close to 100 publications, including chapters in refereed books, edited issues and papers in refereed journals, psychological instruments, statistical software, refereed abstracts and proceedings, and non-refereed articles. Notably, he published over 45 scholarly articles in numerous academic journals including Academy of Management Review, Personnel Psychology, Journal of Applied Psychology, Journal of Organizational Behavior, Applied Psychology: An International Review, Human Relations, Journal of Vocational Behavior, Journal of Social Psychology, Journal of Occupational Behavior, Educational and Psychological Measurement, Psychometrika, and Journal of Applied Behavioral Science. Ten more unfinished articles are being completed and prepared for publication by his co-authors. He coauthored two books: Misbehavior and dysfunctional attitudes in organizations (2003, with S. Stashevsky & M. Koslowsky) and Participation and empowerment in organizations: Modeling, effectiveness, and applications (2000, with M. Koslowski). His research interests spanned a wide domain that included participative decision making, control and empowerment, work and personal values, stress and burnout, dysfunctional behavior including lateness and absenteeism, achievement motive and entrepreneurship, leadership style, and cross cultural research. He was a member of the editorial board of various international journals including the International Journal of Cross-Cultural Management, the International Journal of Manpower, and Nurse Education Today.